The Euskampus- Bordeaux Euro-regional Campus of International Excellence organises a symposium on the 19th and 20th of November 2014 in Bordeaux.
The main event of this Symposium will be the signing of a Framework Agreement between the two universities in presence of the Aquitaine-Euskadi euroregional authorities, to recognize the work done and to make and provides cover for an ambitious joint action plan.
This symposium is focusing on:
- Identifying, consolidating and developing cooperations in Research, Training, Transfer or Administration aligned with the priorities supported by the strategic alliance Euskampus-IdEx Bordeaux.
- Giving information to both campuses’ stakeholders –researchers, PhD students, administrative and scientific projects’ managers, on programmes and instruments for supporting the development of their collaborative projects.
This symposium is being planned on the basis of an alternation between plenary and parallel sessions focusing on the thematic areas priorized on the Euskampus Knowledge Poles and the Bordeaux Clusters of excellence or other porgrams of excellence.
The parallel sessions will be shaped in the next few weeks by both campuses’ stakeholders and will be co-animated by actors of both campuses. The sessions will stress on the following contents around a Euskampus- IdEx Bordeaux partnership to be built:
- Mutual presentation of the actors – work aspect to strengthen, in preparation of a research/ training/ transfer project
- Project structuring in the Research/ Transfer/ Training area
During the all-days event the cotutoring PhD doctorate projects will be put in relief and will be on display in the expo hall. A panel of judges composed of high representatives of both universities will evaluate all the posters; there will be two prices to win.
19TH NOVEMBER (Wednesday)
- 11:00 - 12:30Accreditations
- 13:00 - 13:30Symposium opening and agreement signature. Signature of the agreement by the Presidents of University of the Basque Country and University of Bordeaux
- 13:30 - 15:00Lunch and networking
- 15:00 - 16:30Opening lecture Milagros Navarro Caballero (Researcher CNRS - LabEx LascarBx- Ubx-UBM) and Pedro Miguel Etxenike (President of DIPC-UPV/EHU)
- 16:30 - 17:00Coffee break
- 17:00 - 18:30Round table presenting examples of Euskampus-Bordeaux cooperations in Research / Transfer / Training Areas (Joint master and PhD programmes, LifeKIC, Research projects…). Result of the PhD poster contest and presentation of the winners
- 20:00Buses departure to dinner from Place des Quinconces
- 21:00Dinner en Château Luchey-Halde
20TH NOVEMBER (Thursday)
- 9:00 - 12:30Parallel sessions (In the research units)
- 12:30 - 14:00Lunch (in the research units)
- 14:00 - 14:45Internationalisation of higher education - Marie Curie and Erasmus+ programmes. Jordi Curell, Director Higher Education and International Affairs, DG Education and Culture, European Commission
- 14:45 - 15:30Overall vision on European Programmes
- 15:30 - 16:00Coffee Break
- 16:00 - 18:00Presentation of the results of the parallel sessions and road maps
- 18:00 - 18:15Closing
- 18:15 - 18:45Refreshments
- 18:45Departure bus for Basque attendees
There will be a bus departuring from Vitoria-Gasteiz Campus at 07:00h which will stop at Ibaeta Campus (Donostia-San Sebastián) at 08:20h on 19th November.
There will be a bus departuring from Leioa Campus at 07:30h on 19th November.
The return of the buses from Bordeaux to Vitoria-Gasteiz, Donostia and Leioa will be at 18:30h on 20th November.
- Bus from Leioa will depart at 07:30h on 19th November from Mikel Laboa Plaza.
- Bus from Vitoria-Gasteiz will depart at 07:00h on 19th November from Nieves Cano (opposite the Library).
- Bus from Donosti will depart at 08:20h on 19th November from Karlos Santamaria Building.
Who pays the Symposium expenses?
There is no inscription fee.
Organization of the Symposium will run with the costs of:
- Transport for all participants from the University of the Basque Country (Vitoria-Gasteiz, Leioa and Donostia-San Sebastián) to Bordeaux (round trip)
- In-Bordeaux public transport passes
- Transfer from Symposium sites to dinner venue
- Meals included
- Lunch Wednesday 19th
- Dinner Wednesday 19th
- Lunch Thursday 20th
- Refreshments Thursday 20th
If you need accommodation in Bordeaux, we may suggest this hotel:
Hotel Le Chantry **153 rue Georges Bonnac
33000 Bordeaux Tel: +33 (0)5 56 24 08 88 86,75€ Single Room, breakfast included www.chantry-bordeaux.com
Please, make sure you mention the pre-reservation of the hotel rooms in the name of the University of the Basque Country when you give your name and data for payment.
Official Symposium language is English.
Parallel sessions can be conducted in a multilingual basis in order to facilitate exchanges, yet, the results will be presented in English.Euskampus and Coordinators contacts and venues information
The plenary sessions will be held in:
Campus de la Victoire
3 Ter Place de la Victoire
Gala dinner will be at:
17 Avenue du Maréchal Joffre
33700 Mérignac FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0) 5 56 45 97 19
The scientific sessions and work meetings will be held in different Bordeaux buildings. More details will be given in the website as soon as possible and will be forwarded to you by the coordinators of your sessions. More information on the Bordeaux campuses.