Goals and display areas
The target of the joint action between Initative d’Excellence of the University of Bordeaux and the Campus of International Excellence Euskampus is to create a Cross-borders Euroregional Campus that is considered as an international benchmark in three dimensions : in education rankings, in networks of excellence research and in the innovation sector.
The initiative is focused on the 4 areas of specialization common to Euskampus Knowledge Poles and those of the Laboratoires d’Excellence of Bordeaux.
- Sustainable ecosystems and environmental technologies
- Innovative processes and new materials
- Healthy aging and quality of life
- Social innovation
The campus starts up with the following strategic goals, all at different levels:
- Individual: Reinforce the actions of both universities implied in the University of Bordeaux and UPV/EHU’s project and that of their environments.
- Regional: progress in the achievement of the euroregional goal, that is to say an economy based on knowledge and innovation.
- State: increasing the expected return on investment in strategies of international excellence
- European: contributing to the development of a European space of research and higher education.
To do this, we have designed a joint action plan with the following objectives:
- Generate a joint and attractive academic offer (double degrees, co-supervised theses, masters and shared research, co-supervised thesis, among others.
- To promote the mobility of students, teachers and researchers in both regions
- Promote synergies in R & D + i and encourage joint actions of knowledge transfer and valorization, internationally, with direct impact on its territory
- International joint promotion of the campus
- Aim: providing the students with a greater capacity for employability in an international context.
- Enlargement of the joint offer of Masters and Doctorates
- Mobility of the students and academic staff
- Goal: create a European leadership based on the synergies resulting from both universities and their strategic partners in the path towards excellence in the research area.
- Intercluster cooperation
- Co-supervising of doctorate thesis
- Goal: create added value in the cross-fertilization of both cultures in knowledge transfer and innovation
- Entrepreneurship: interchange with Entrepreneuriat Campus Aquitaine (ECA) and the project IKDGAZTE
- Encounters of technological transfer units with the target of generating opportunities of spreading knowledge and capacities.
- Goal: promote the image of the Cross-borders Euroregional Campus of Excellence and improve the perception, acknowledgment and international position of both universities and their environments..
- Joint events
- Digital presence: web portal and social networks.